Friday, October 24, 2008

I think I am addicted...




to these colors
(or maybe I am still stuck in wedding mode).

I made this card yesterday for a friend of mine, who will be celebrating her birthday this week.

Ashley had purchased these flowers from Michael's to sprinkle on the tables at the reception...they are in the wedding section, just in case you want to get some...She ended up having quite a few left, so of course I snatched them up for future card making. They are much prettier irl, kind of iridescent. I found some brads in my stash that are almost a perfect match to the Aqua Mist cardstock.

I cannot believe that it is already Friday! Boy this week just flew right past me!! I didn't even make a dent in my to-do list...oh well, it was good to rest and take it easy. All that stuff will still be waiting for me. I am hoping to at least organize the garage today...Mike said he didn't want to pull everything out...so I am not sure if it will be done to my standards...but at this point I am not complaining. Things just seem to end up in the wrong place out there!

We are also hoping to tackle some yard work too. We planted our winter grass last week (kind of funny, huh?), but we like our grass green all year long...maybe since we are both originally from Connecticut and do NOT miss the snow!

I hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!!

Supplies Used: Borders & Corners Monogram Edition stamp set (PTI); Basic Black ink (SU!)Aqua Mist (PTI), Basic Black, Whisper White cardstock (SU!); Scallop Punch (SU!); Aqua Mist Ribbon (PTI); Flowers and Brad's (Michael's)

4 comments:

Allison said...

Love the simplicity of this card, the colours are stunning.

Debbie Olson said...

WOW! Gretchen, I love this card--so fresh, crisp, clean--great design!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Gretchen:

What a beautiful card - I just love those colors and your work - I will visit your blog often.

Janet

Lori A. said...

Very pretty! I have some of those little flowers and love them. :)